Tuesday, May 5, 2009

More of Beaune ...To market, to market


Yes the weather was pouting a little that day, but I really enjoyed the Beaune market. It is so colorful and lively with gorgeous displays, friendly people, merchants that offer to let you taste their products (I stilll dream about that "pate en croute" that I tasted ... and bought, the "charcutier" was truly the Da Vinci of pork products )








I found this plaque that says that Arthur and Gaston Chevrolet (Yep, the car and truck guys) lived there at the end of the 19th century, before going on to bigger things I guess.




I like the old fashioned french boutiques, so quaint ! and most aren't especially high-end,
they can be bakeries, and delis and real-estate offices, nothing fancy, just charming.









I took a pic of this building and forgot what it was (I'm hoping Sis can tell me soon)



Well that's enough for today.
Tooddles.

No comments:

Post a Comment