Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Our Furry Friends

This is Wilburforce, a.k.a. Wilbur. Three years ago he took refuge in our garage for a rest. He was brutally emaciated, mangy, wounded, but so sweet and friendly, after a perfunctory search for his owners (he did not have a collar) we just adopted him. He is noble and beautiful and it breaks my heart that such a splendid gentleman of a dog should be mistreated. Since then, I have decided that I would never again buy a dog from a breeder or a pet shop, there are too many dogs that need help in shelters.


This is Boots (so called because he is nearly all black but for the white booties on his feet) he is a bit of a brat but so cuddly you cant hold it against him.


Meet Norman, a lab mix, he has beautiful eyes and the most laid back personality; the other two make his life interesting but you can tell he'd be just as happy napping on a fluffy cushion.


1 comment:

  1. Hooray! I love your beautiful dogs. I have three akitas, all from shelters, all abused/starved when I got them, and I couldn't ask for better dogs.

    ReplyDelete